Brass Jewelry Care
Brass VLM Jewelry is finished with a clear, non-toxic coating that slows or prevents the tarnishing process and keeps the piece looking bright and shiny for as long as possible. This coating will naturally wear overtime depending on several factors such as skin ph, how often the piece is worn and/or how often the piece comes into direct contact with your skin, and how you care for your jewelry. Although we are unable to guarantee the coating for any specific length of time, we have provided some easy tips to follow to help prolong the life of the coating and to keep your brass jewelry looking its best. If you would ever like your brass VLM Jewelry professionally cleaned, re-polished, re-coated and returned to like new condition please contact us.
- Store your jewelry in airtight bags or jewelry boxes in a dry environment that will protect your pieces from everyday pollutants in the air and slow the oxidation process. (Never store jewelry in the bathroom.)
- Avoid wearing your jewelry in swimming pools, hot springs and salt water.
- Take care to remove jewelry while washing your hands, cleaning, working out at the gym, playing sports, showering, and sleeping.
- Put on jewelry after applying lotions, perfume and hair products.
- Your skin's ph, direct contact with skin and perspiration can accelerate the life of our non-toxic coating and cause tarnishing over time. Rinse your jewelry after each wear and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.
- If a green residue occurs on your bronze jewelry, simply clean the piece with a dry tissue or soft cloth. This is also a great way to remove any everyday dirt or build up. If further cleaning is necessary, use warm water and a mild, organic soap with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Dry thoroughly with a soft, clean cotton or micro-fiber cloth.
To clean heavy oxidation, combine 1 teaspoon baking soda with a few drops of warm water to create a paste. Apply a dime-sized amount of the paste to a clean micro fiber cloth or soft-bristled toothbrush and polish the piece. Rinse the piece under warm water and dry with a clean micro fiber cloth. Repeat these steps as necessary until the piece returns to a bright shine.